Wonderland in 1st Grade

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Shop and Save

Today was a day filled with lots of rain and lots of learning going on in Mrs. Lankford's cottage.

Our Class went shopping with coupons. The students had to find combinations of coupons that total a given amount.

They also had to find three coupons for things you might need to buy if you were having a party. I think they were disappointed to find out that I didn't have coupons for a birthday cake :) they had to stretch their imagination with the coupons for brownies. It was so much fun to see them getting excited about coupons.
I ask the students to check out Sunday's paper to see coupons in color. Several students said that they didn't get the paper. No problem neither do I . So parents if you receive anything with coupons in the mail please be sure to show your student :)

In our Everyday Counts Calendar Math, I introduced a new element, we are discussing telling time. We also collected and recorded data about our favorite Resource Class on a graph. PE was the big winner with my afternoon class!

Today was our 31st day of school.

No comments: