Wonderland in 1st Grade

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Chet with the Miami Dolphins


The Miami Dolphins hosted their annual alumni weekend and Mrs. Lankford took me along. It was so exciting. This year they were honoring two famed Killer Bees players, Bob Baumhower and Doug Betters, the anchors of the defensive line throughout the 70’s and 80’s. I attended a pre-game tailgate party and the Honor Roll Induction Ceremony at half-time. The national anthem was sung by American Idol contestant Syesha Mercado and I felt as if she sang right to me. There was a flyover by Navy P-3C jets of the War Eagles of Patrol Squadron SIX-TEEN (VP-16). The flyover was so exciting and very loud. I got to meet the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders who performed for us wearing Santa suits. I also met two players from the only undefeated NFL team and Superbowl champs of 1972, Jim Klick and Mercury Morris. The honorary captains were all members of the pro football Hall of Fame: Head Coach Don Shula, linebacker Nick Buoniconti, quarterback Bob Griese, guard Larry Little and center Dwight Stephenson. It was so much fun. We had the best view from our private box. As you can see, I was held by Mr. Koslowski, another alumni Dolphin player, for the group picture. They all knew my name. The Miami Dolphins, lead by coach Tony Sparano, beat the San Francisco 49ers 14-9. It was a weekend to remember.

1 comment:

Susan T. Phillips said...

What fun Chet must have had!!!!!!